3d rendering services cost anywhere between $100 and $10,000 depending on the quality and complexity of the render. We’ll explain what goes into pricing as well as how much you can expect to pay based on your project. Reach out to us directly for a quote.
Related: “What is a 3d Render?”
Cost Factors for 3d Rendering Services
Most projects require the three professionals to be involved. Those tend to be:
- Art Director / Project Manager
- 3D Artist
- Photoshop Artist
Most of the work is done by the 3D artist. This professional takes the time to understand the client’s vision and finds a way to bring it to life. They then create the model via 3d software, build the textures for the model, set up proper lighting, and set up the camera.
What Else is Involved in the 3d Rendering Process?
Some projects are more complex than others. Sometimes what looks simple on paper might take more time depending on the project’s complexity.
It’s not all about size either. For example, a 3d render of the skyline could be created faster than a more specific object like a motherboard for a computer. This is due to the difference in complexity and details required.
Once all the processing is complete and a 3d render has been produced, there’s usually more touching up needed to get the image just right. Depending on the expectations for the final product, post-processing could be the shortest or the longest part of the process.
Rendering time is essentially how long it takes the computer to produce your image. The more realistic, the more time rendering may take. This is not something you have to worry about, but it gives you some insight into the process.
Revision Agency usually charges per image as do most 3d rendering service providers. It’s ideal for small to midsize projects. For example, see our pricing guide below:
Low Complexity Render: $340
Medium Complexity Render: $430
High Complexity Render: $610
Each one includes a complimentary Photoshop edit.
However, for larger, long-term projects, it might be best to get a specific quote on the entire project. Whichever company you go for, make sure to ask for a discount on high-volume orders.
Cheapest 3D Rendering Possible
$100-$200. Usually a company willing to make a 3d render for this price is based in another country. It’s also possible that the quality will simply be very poor. There can be barriers in terms of language as well as the artist’s commitment to the project. As for most things in life, with 3d rendering, you get what you pay for.
If you have a very small budget and need 3d renders regardless of quality, this might be a viable option.
When hiring a low-end company, consider the following questions:
- How are their previous designs in their portfolio?
- Do they seem to have a similar sense of style?
- How long has the company been around?
Average 3D Rendering Services Cost
Most companies will be priced somewhere between $300 and $2000. It depends on the same factors we discussed above.
When hiring an average priced company, consider the following questions:
- Does their portfolio seem to contain real clients?
- Do their portfolio pieces seem high-quality and detailed?
- Are their portfolio pieces higher quality than the low-end alternative or is it just more expensive? (Beware of this one)
- Are they based locally and thus are available during business hours to discuss projects?
- What is their turnaround time like?
High-End 3D Rendering Services
The industry doesn’t stop there. The most expensive 3d renders can cost anywhere between $2,000 and $15,000. This is what big companies like Apple and Microsoft pay to have their 3d renders done. It might be useful to have these kind of companies design for you if you’re planning a mall or doing an extravagant customer-facing design project.
When hiring a high-end company, consider the following questions:
- Can it be demonstrated that this is one of the best 3d rendering companies in the world?
- Has this company worked on large scale projects?
- Can you clearly see the quality difference and the price justification?
- Have they worked with some of the biggest brands in the industry?
- Do they provide guarantees of their turnaround times?
- Can you contact companies they worked with previously for reference?
3d rendering services cost less than you might’ve thought, and they are a great investment. They can act as permanent replacements for photography in some instances. Click here to read about 3d rendering vs photography. You can also contact us directly for a quote at (424) 242-3768 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.